1. Crime Duty Solicitors
We are looking for talented Criminal Duty Solicitors to join our Crime Team.
The right candidates will be solicitors, preferably with experience of –
· Legal aid contract supervision requirements
· Handling a wide, complex caseload of criminal matters (in all jurisdictions)
· Conducting own advocacy
· Attending police stations
· Drafting witness statements/proofs
· Serious crime
· Drug offences
· Sexual assault
· Supporting vulnerable clients
· Duty status is essential.
· Salary/Package (pro rata) will depend on (1) experience, (2) own client following, (3) taking an active role in the firm’s marketing, and (4) whether you take on a managerial role within the Team (including Legal Aid supervision, audits, and contracts).
· We are happy to offer terms on a basic salary and percentage of fee income basis.
· Competitive overtime rates for out of hours work (police stations and occasional courts)
PLACE OF WORK/HOURS/WORKING ARRANGEMENTS
· Your place of work will be Rochester.
· We are happy to consider both full time and part time applicants on a flexible/hybrid homeworking basis.
· We are open to alternatives to the traditional Monday to Friday core working pattern.
WHY JOIN US?
Bassets believe that its staff are our most valued resource and will help you reach your full potential.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Hours: 15 – 35 per week
Salary: Competitive (and dependent on factors set out above)
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
2. Private Client Legal Secretary
We are looking for an experienced Private Client Legal Secretary to join our Team.
Permanent position 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Dependent on experience
This is a full-time on-site role located in Rochester for a Private Client Secretary. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing secretarial support to the Private Client Team to ensure the efficient operation of the Department. This includes audio and copy typing, file management, and diary management. The Private Client Secretary will also liaise with clients, external organisations, and other solicitors when necessary, and will be responsible for answering telephone calls, taking messages, and dealing with client queries.
- Excellent typing skills with high accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills, including file management
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to client care and confidentiality
- Understanding the importance of attention to detail and accuracy
No agencies please.
Bassets Solicitors – Current Vacancies – Legal Jobs in Medway Towns